Wow. Wow. Wow.
The class really puts it to you. The best part is, how hard you work is completely up to you. It's just you against the stop watch. If you ask me the stop watch was extremely slow today. 4 minutes felt like an eternity!
This is what my workout looked like today.
- Run 4 minutes at a fast pace on an incline of 1.0, to simulate the outdoors. I chose 6.7 for rounds 1-3 and 6.9 for round 4. I almost died on round 4!
- Take it back down to your base. My base is 6.0. Run for 1 minute. This is your recover time.
- Take the incline to 3.0 and run for 2 minutes at your base pace. Round two take the incline to 4.0, round three 5.0 and round four 6.0.
- Take the incline to 0 and run for 1 minute at your base. This is your recover time.
Do this 4 times... if you like to be tortured!
The reason why I put myself through this torture is to hopefully improve my speed and endurance. I have three major fitness goals (not including weight loss) this year that are going to take some torture and suffering in the gym to achieve.
1. Break my 5K PR time of 24:59.
2. I want the last leg of the Triathlon, running, to not be as hard as last year. I do not want my legs to feel like concrete!3. Beat my Incline PR time of 37:19.
Starting Weight (2/28/11): 134.6lbs
Current Weight: 130.2lbs
Total Weight Loss: -4.4lbs
Goal Weight: 120lbs
Note: Great workout!