Friday, March 11, 2011

Just Say No

Eating my cheat meal on Wednesday was a mistake. I instantly gained 2lbs, which I must admit shook my focus.  It's also that time of the month when I want to eat everything in site.

Thursday during the day I did fine. But when I got home I was too lazy to make anything so Preston and I got Chipotle for dinner. I did my research on what I could have, but I knew the sodium was going to be a problem. I ignored it. 

This morning I weighted the same. Throughout the day I drank my water and ate perfect. When I got home Preston called to say he was getting Chick-Fil-A. But he didn't call to see if I wanted some, he called to see if he should eat it there so I wouldn't be tempted. Very kind of him. I, on the other hand, was contiplating if I wanted him to bring me home some. I was soo soo close to throwing in the towel. To think more clearly I told him I had to hang up and call him back. It only took me about 3 seconds to come to my answer. I called him back immediately and without hesitation said you can bring your dinner home. Oh and by the way I don't need anything.

I then proceeded to make a chicken whole grain pasta dish for my dinner. Not only was this the right decision to make in terms of my weight loss goal, but it is also the right decision especially with the 5K tomorrow. The last thing I want is Chick sloshing around in my stomach! I would rather not know where the Port-A-Potties are located thank you.  

When you step back and really think about the choice in front of you, the correct answer is usually pretty clear and easy to make. It's when you make a hasty decision usually based on emotion or impulse that gets you into trouble. Next time you want fast food, stop and make yourself really think about it. You will be surprised how much easier it is to say no to yourself when you are fully engaged in the decision making process.   


Starting Weight (2/28/11): 134.6lbs
Current Weight: 130.6lbs
Total Weight Loss: -4lbs
Goal Weight: 120lbs
Note: That time of the month.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment