Thursday, March 3, 2011

Potentially the Best Salad Ever!

Tonight I was going to share my awesome Chili and Smoothie recipes with you, but I made this great salad tonight that I can't wait to share. I know what you're thinking, really a salad is worth my time!? I am telling you, this salad is!!

Chicken and Pear Salad by Beachbody. 
Recipe makes 6 servings so adjust accordingly

Servings Size: 1 cup
Calories: 280
Fat Total: 21g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Carbs: 15g
fiber: 2g
Protein: 7g

2 grilled chicken breast (sliced)
3 cups fresh spinich
1 pealed and sliced fresh pear
A handful of walnuts
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Dressing:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. honey


You can adjust the oil or vinegar amounts to your liking. The honey really balances out the bite of the balsamic vinegar and the light bitterness.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment