Wednesday, March 9, 2011

{St. Patrick's 5K} Goal

My goal for the St. Patrick's 5K on Saturday is under 28:21 (my time from last year). I believe this is a challenging enough goal. Hopefully Preston approved. I haven't ran it by him yet and he gets the final say. Preston is my goal setter. He doesn't let me cop out and set a ridiculously easy goal like I tried to do in the Take 5 it the Garden last year.

I do have some general concerns about Saturday.  Let me share them with you.

1. Ashley and I haven't ran at all, not even once, outside this year. What can I say, we love our treadmills! 

2. I am very bad at keeping a pace. I will rely on Ashley for this. I usually start too strong which leads to a painful ending.  See number 3.

3. I am making sure I stay hydrated this week so I don't puke at the end of the race. Water is my best friend. See number 2.

4. I am excited to try out my new Garmin Forerunner watch! Because I don't have the foot pod I have not been using it at the gym. I am excited to see what it all does, but I hope I can read what it's saying while running. Also I am a tad bit concerned that I don't know how to work it properly.  

5. For now, I will have my ginormous iPhone straped to my arm for music. I really wish I had an iPod Nano or something smaller in size. 

6. I am not going to use my iPhone Runner App. I am going to solely rely on my watch. See number 4.

7. I hope the weather is nice. Nothing worse than running in cold weather and having your lungs freeze off.

8. I am already anxious about the warm-up. I do not know if I run better on fresh-out-of-the-gate legs or warn in legs? Yikes I better do some research aka googling.

9.  The fear of all runners- I hope I don't have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the race! 

I hope everyone has a good race! See you Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment