Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And The Fat Is Coming Off FOR GOOD!

Something changed. I knew this time would be different. The timing felt right and on my terms.

I decided to seriously go on a diet start eating healthier. In my mind it's not a diet. I'm not following a strict plan or rigidly counting calories. 

I am planning my meals, taking the time to make an enjoyable meal, stocking my fridge with healthy choices and working out. 

Since I have started (Monday) I have lost 3.8lbs. By tomorrow I should be in the 120's! What have I done differently this billionth time around? 

1. I am working out 5 times a week. This alone makes me want to eat healthier. Who wants to put in all the time and effort to waist the workout on some Chick-fil-A?  Not me this time around! I want to see results!

2. This time I am doing it for me on my terms (not to win a contest at work- although this is an added bonus- or because I feel guilty). Oh and we also have a 10 day trip to Las Vegas booked for May! This is motivation in itself. 

3. I planned. This time around I researched healthy recipes from magazines and books I have had lying around the house. I made a very detailed grocery list. In the past I would shy away from a recipe if it called for too many unknown-never-heard-of ingredients. This time I went all out. Let me tell you, those unknown-never-heard-of ingredients turn a bland boring healthy don't-really-want-to-eat meal into a flavorful packed gourmet let-me-eat -it-every-day meal. 

4. I don't have unhealthy foods in the house. Preston cut way back on his pop consumption so we never have any in the house. I got rid of cookies, graham crackers and frosting, chips, and puppy chow. The only temptation in the house is Preston's ice cream. And if you know me you know I don't like ice cream or to touch P's ice cream. 

5. I am allowing myself one cheat meal each week. I really believe this helps. I know that I can have whatever I want, steak, hamburger, Monica's burrito, that one day of the week. It makes food less tempting during the rest of the week. 

And of course as I start to see results and the number on the scale going down, I am more likely to stick to it. 

Here is an idea of what I have been eating. I have a couple of great recipes for you to try that I will share with you tomorrow.

Breakfast
My usual- Chocolate Shakeology with a half of Banana (225 calories)
Black Coffee (0 calories)

Snack
Koshi Mocha Chocolate Granola Bar (130 calories)

Lunch
Homemade Chili with 1 tablespoon Reduced Fat Sour Cream with Cilantro on top (220 calories)
Unsweetened Applesauce with Cinnamon sprinkled on top (50 calories)

Snack
Either Reduced Fat Wheat Thins (130 calories) 
or Fruit


Dinner
Homemade Chili with 1 tablespoon Reduced Fat Sour Cream with Cilantro on top (220 calories)

Snack
Smoothie with 3/4 Cups Frozen Fruit, Banana, 2-3 tablespoon Reduced Fat Yogurt, Water, Ice (240 calories)

I am averaging around 1200-1500 calories per day. It all depends on how hungry I am. 

Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any good recipes out there!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment