Monday, March 21, 2011

100% Clean Eating- How Long Can I Last?

Because I 1) get board easily 2) love the thrill of trying something new 3) fell off the band wagon over the weekend 4) cannot come up with new meals I have decided to see how long I can go eating 100% clean as defined by Tosca Reno. 



Clean eating is about eating non-processed foods to include lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. Eating 5 times per day, while paying attention to portion sizes. 


Because I want to challenge myself and see major results before Vegas, I chose the strict meal plan. The downside with this plan is that it is so restrictive I might burn out quickly. So the question is, how long can I last before I break? 

Here is what I ate today. I will be eating the same thing tomorrow.


Breakfast
  • Oatmeal
  • Ground Flax Seed  (tip: make sure to grind the flax seed. Otherwise the seed just passes through you whole.) 
  • Bee Pollen (common benefits: weight loss, increased energy, digestive benefits, slows the aging process, prevents cancer, and helps with infertility. For more information click here.)
  • Green Tea
  • Reno recommends eggs, but I just can't make myself eat them. 
Snack
  • Shakeology with 1/2 banana
  • Lemon Water
Lunch
  • Sweet Potato
  • Chicken
  • Green Beans
  • Green Tea
Snack
  • Shakeology with 1/2 Banana
  • Lemon Water
  • Recovery Drink post Workout
Dinner
  • Salad with Romain Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Onion
  • Black Beans
  • Avocado
  • Fresh Salsa
Today is the first day. I am exciting to see how I feel tomorrow. 


Starting Weight (2/28/11): 134.6lbs
Current Weight: 132.6lbs
Total Weight Loss: -2lbs
Goal Weight: 120lbs
Note: Great workout! A little hungry at 9:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment