Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Oprah Ah-Ha Moment

I have two days left of the 10 Day Eat Clean Challenge. I am amazed at how much easier it is this time around. The first time I did the challenge I had to constantly think about what I was eating and if it fell within the top two tiers. This time however, I have a much better understanding of what I can and cannot eat. As a result my meals are getting better (by better I mean more flavorful) and I am even trying new recipes. 

Let me be clear, I still have some odd cravings (such as a Starbucks non-fat vanilla late and low-fat banana chocolate bread) that I at times cannot get out of my head. The difference is I believe, I mean really, truly, deeply believe, that I have control over what goes into my body. There are 4 Starbucks on my way to work.  If I didn't have the willpower or determination to tell myself NO I could easily run to a Starbucks and satisfy my craving (without anyone knowing).

Tomorrow is the second to last weight-in at work. I have to be equal to or below 134.2 lbs. I am telling you right now, I have it in the bag. Not just tomorrow's weight-in, but the competition. I have put too much effort and focus into eating clean to lose. 

And now for my Oprah ah-ha moment... 
the light bulb finally went off (exhale). 

I am in control (of my actions). 
If I lose, it is no ones fault but my own. 
I hold the power.

I finally get it. I'm not saying I won't forget it ever in my life, but right now I get it. 

If you have forgotten then remind yourself.
I am in control of myself. 
I make the decision to exercise or not to exercise, to eat healthy or to grab fast food. The decision is mine.
All (don't you hate the word all. If that was all it took than you would have done it already!) what it takes is willpower. 


Now is the time to make a change. If you need motivation, encouragement or have questions I am here to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment