Sunday, October 17, 2010

Around the House

This weekend I spent a lot of time changing and decorating the house. Emily at Trailerhood Aristocrats has inspired me to make my house more homey by decorating it exactly how I want.

When Emily and her John Wayne bought their house in Springs she painted and decorated every room just the way she wanted it. They just sold their house and moved to Wildhorse and you guessed it she already has every room decorated and just so.

I am so jealous. Preston and I have lived in our house for two years now and we still have an empty room, white walls and minimal house decorations. This weekend I decided enough is enough. There is no reason why I shouldn't decorate my house exactly how I want it. 

My mom is very, very creative. I on the other hand am not. Instead I turn into a perfectionist with no patience. What usually happens is I take on a big project and then get frustrated half way through and then either give up or hate every second of it because it is not turning out just like I imagined. This time around I am trying to remember that there is no right or wrong answer. So far it seems to be working.

I bought some fall decorations to make the house festive. It actually turned out well! The goal is to add to the fall decorations each year until I have a good collection.



The second thing I did is change out some old pictures and fill empty frames. I found a great deal at Michele's. Buy 1 get another for a penny. I hung the frames in the hall.


My next project is to makeover the dinning room. I am going to paint the wall that the window is on purple to match the color in the picture and sew some new curtains (if I can figure out how). I found the fabric on sale at Joann's today. I am also going to hang some black shelves on the opposite wall that I found at T.J. Max. Actually I have to bribe Preston to hang the shelves.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Lori! And coming from another perfectionist, you have to set those ways aside : ) In our house in Springs, I remember laying on the middle of our office floor bawling when we were painting it turquoise because the edge between the ceiling and walls wasn't absolutely perfect. Well, once we got everything else in there it still looked great! Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete