Friday, January 28, 2011

Getting my booty handed to me by...

OLD WOMEN!

Ashley and I attended a class at Gold's earlier this week. This class works the full body: arms, legs, abs, core and balance. 

The class is always packed. A good portion of the women are older. And let me tell you, they can lift some weight and rock the deep lunges! 

I haven't lifted seriously since I completed P90X about a year ago. This class seriously brings out the wimp in me. I have to force myself to grab the 6 pound weights only because the next step down is the puny looking 3 pound weights. 

I constantly fall off the balance ball and my legs shake and burn like non other. The one workout that I rock, like seriously rock, is the twisty ab move. But probably only because this move is in P90X Ab Ripper X.

This class might be the missing piece to my cardio intense workout regimen. I know that weightlifting is essential to any workout schedule, but I have been ignoring it. Mostly because lifting in a gym is intimidating and where do you start? 

This is one of the reasons why I love P90X. The training program is laid out, which takes out all of the guess work. But sometimes the gym is fun and it's nice to get out of the house now and then and be around other people who are working out. It's kind of motivating. 

So for now I will attend the F.I.T.T. class at Gold's and continue to get my booty handed to me by older women.

No comments:

Post a Comment