Monday, January 24, 2011

Dreadmill

This evenings workout was grueling. Some days you are on your game and other days you struggle the entire time. Today I struggled. 

The goal was to run 6 miles. If I completed my goal this would go down in the books as my furthest run to date. 

I started out slow and steady. So slow that the first 3 miles took an eternity. At mile 4 I was board, my legs felt like concrete and the show House Hunters just ended. I picked up the pace and well I never really recovered. It took me almost one freakin hour to run 5 miles. I think I ended up running 5.3 miles in one hour. I honestly thought my legs were going to fall off. I am starting to question how in the world I am going to run a 1/2 marathon without stopping...

Looking at the bright side I did run for one hour straight without stopping.  That's an accomplishment to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment