Monday, January 11, 2010

Report from a Treadmill

This morning's workout involved running on the treadmill followed by some much needed stretching. For some strange reason I was actually looking forward to running on the treadmill. I think I was pumped to listen to my new workout play list and also to see how far I could run. Well the running didn't go so well... I have no idea why, but I chose to do an interval program. I realized very quickly that I am not ready for such intense inclines. Multiple times I found myself frantically pressing the speed button to change the pace to a fast walk!! The positive of all this is I lasted on the treadmill for 35 minutes! I burned 288 calories while on the treadmill (treadmill reported that I burned 309). I even got my calorie burn up to 8.1 per minute. The great thing about working out (and having the Bodybugg to prove it) is that you are still burning a high number of calories after the workout! Tomorrow, Ashley and I are going to a spinning class. We are both extremely nervous and will be getting bikes in the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment