Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2 Weeks... Do or Fail

I just recently became a paying gym "member". I am one of the millions who joined a gym in January to achieve a New Year's Resolutions. Let's just hope I am not one of the millions who quit by February! Obviously a major benefit of P90X is that it is a workout program that you can do from home, that actually works. But to achieve my goal to compete in a triathlon I need to have access to a pool. Much to my amazement, and many others, I have gotten up at 6am everyday this week to head to the gym. The first morning (Monday) was the hardest. I sat in bed for 5 minutes asking myself why in the world am I doing this? I am not a morning person, or at least so I thought! But each morning has gotten easier and I am starting to get into a routine. It makes more sense to get ready for work at the gym so I have to skillfully plan out my cloths, meals and workouts the night before. This morning I forgot to pack a bra!! I cannot tell you how much more energized I am at work and at home. I feel like I have tapped into a hidden reserve of energy! I am having a hard time finding a triathlon training schedule that I like. Right now I am either swimming, biking or running on a treadmill one day and then doing a P90X workout the next day. Right now this schedule seems to be working plus I still get to do P90X. To compliment my workouts, I have committed to eating healthy. In my mind this means going on The Zone diet. This diet consist of eating a certain number of "blocks" of protein, carbohydrates and fats. Mr. Zone Guy believes you must eat fat to burn fat. I have had success on this diet in the past and it is easy to follow. I have no idea where my sudden focus and determine has come from, but I am loving it! For those who know me, I love to start new things but I am not the best at finishing them. I read somewhere that it only takes two weeks to form a habit. So the countdown has officially begun! I am 10 days away from reaching the two week mark. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment