Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Workout Report

This is pretty obvious, but alcohol and working out do not mix (actually me and alcohol do not mix but that is a different story). I went to the gym on Monday to run off all of the alcohol I consumed on Saturday. I literally felt like I was sick. I was sweating profusely followed by cold sweats. Worst feeling in the world! I somehow managed to run 2 miles without stopping. I got my first mile down to 11 minutes and my second mile stayed at 10 minutes. My legs felt like they were going to fall off so I walked .5 miles and then ran the last .5 miles. I then did the P90X Ab Ripper X workout. Considering the circumstances, it was a pretty good workout. Good thing I started training so early, who knew running 3 miles was going to be so hard! This morning I did not want to get out of bed, but my wonderful husband convinced me otherwise. I did P90X Legs and Shoulders. I forgot how much I love P90X workouts! The exercises are a nice break from the treadmill or bike and they really challenge you in different ways. My legs were on fire for 59 minutes! Tomorrow Ashley and I are going to bike or take the spinning class. This time we are going to be prepared. She is bringing home a HUGE pad for us to wear!

1 comment:

  1. I admit that I LOVE a glass of wine now and then. I currently have a couple bottles I received for the holidays, however even though the flavor and feeling is fantastic at the time, the next day always equals a headache for me. That mixed with work, life and workouts makes for an interesting day!
    Congrats on the running and working out this morning...isn't it worth it when you're done no matter how you feel before you start?!?

    ReplyDelete