Monday, August 16, 2010

Success!

I went to the gym today for the first time since the triathlon. I made up my mind last week that starting today I was going to begin training for The Cure 5k at Garden of the Gods. 

 Working out actually felt good. I even did a lot better than I thought I would. I lasted the full 30 minutes on the treadmill without stopping at a relatively fast pace. Maybe I still am in shape. I am kinda looking forward to tomorrow's run. The training goal for this week is to do 30 minutes of cardio 3 days this week. Next week I will bump it up to 4 days and then the week after that 5 days.   

I'm pretty proud of myself for actually sticking to my word and going to the gym. I didn't talk myself out of it, which is usually what happens. Taking the first step is always the hardest. But once you show up or push play the hardest part is over. Before you know it the 30 minutes is up and you feel great! And as a result you start eating better. Which is what happened to me today. Preston and I went grocery shopping for the first time in like a month. I even went on am empty, hungry stomach which is a no no. But because I had a great workout I stayed away from the Oreos and other tempting foods. I them came home and made a healthy meal. I haven't even snacked once.

Wow, this is so exciting! I feel great and in control. 


Day 1 is in the books! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment