Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Little Office Competition

I was so nervous for this morning I woke up at 6am barley able to stay in bed and sleep. Today is Wednesday... weight-in day. At work a couple of us gals started a little office weight loss competition. We each set a goal of how much we each wanted to lose in 5 weeks, put some money in the pot and weigh-in every Wednesday. To add a little excitement to the game we decided that at each weigh-in you must be equal or less in weight than your previous weigh-in. If you are over you pay $5 into the pot. At the end of the 5 weeks whoever reaches their goal wins the money. Monday morning I was up 1.4lbs from my previous weigh-in. By Tuesday I had lost 2.4lbs and this morning I was down a total of 3lbs from Monday! How in the world did I do this? I have no idea! Here is what I ate Monday and Tuesday.


MONDAY
- Banana Chocolate Shakeology and cup of Coffee for Breakfast
- Water, Luna Bar for Snack
- Famous Dave's with Preston for Lunch (Pulled Pork NO Bun, Green Beans, Iced Tea)
- Gum, Grapes for Snack
- Banana Chocolate Shakeology for Dinner
- McDonald's Banana Strawberry Smoothie for Snack

TUESDAY
- Banana Chocolate Shakeology and cup of Coffee for Breakfast
- Subway Veggie Sandwich, Bakes Lays and Diet Coke for Lunch
- Luna Bar for Snack Gum Couple pieces of Milk Chocolate (couldn't resist)
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Veggies and Spaghetti Sauce for Dinner
- Mixed Nuts (NO Salt) for Snack A couple bites of Preston's Graham Crackers with Chocolate goodness to stay sane
- Luna Bar for Snack


Shakeology is my "go to" meal replacement drink. I can always count on Shakeology to satisfy my chocolate fix and fill me up. Luna Bars and gum are what I rely on to keep me away from candy bars and other crap that can be found in my office in between meals. For example, just a couple of cubes outside of my office is this GINORMOUS glass jar filled with all types of candy including the my favorite M&M's. Next Wednesday I have to be equal to or less than 132.4lbs. Week by week this competition is getting harder!

This weekend we are going camping near Cripple Creek. I love this camping site (I should probably say I have only camped here once before). We are always in great company and our dogs love to roam free. I am a little worried about my diet, but as long as I can stay away from the Oreos I think I will do fine. Did you know that Preston and I absolutely despised camping until this summer? I can't really put my finger on what changed, but it is by far possibly the very best way to spend a weekend besides boating of course. It's kinda like a mini vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment