Thursday, September 16, 2010

Photography Class #1

Tonight was my first photography class at Cottenwood Center for the Arts. I was introduced to co-student #1 as soon as I walked into the door. Probably unfairly, I sized him up at first sight. Male, 50's, married (gold ring on wedding finger), slight slur that might lead some people to question the wedding ring, a little geeky and not the look of the type who might take a photography class, maybe an Excel class, but not a photography class. I thought great, is this small class of 4 going to be filled with old men? It is then that I met co-student #2. And that it what led me to write OMG on facebook. #2 male, in his 50's or 60's, has a limp that would prevent him from walking very fast or far if we were to take pictures outside as a class, already complaining about the temperature of the building and was hard of hearing. And then there was me. In their eyes: female, kid, maybe 21, however married due to ring on finger and quiet.

The instructor was a little late and #1 and #2, which I will now refer to as Tweedledee and Tweedledum because this it was popped into my head the moment I saw them, started freaking out because the classroom door was locked. They scurried around the building asking randon people if this was our correct photography class room. Tweedledee checked the door handle at least 5 times to see if it was still locked. The instructor showed up and the next thought was great I am in for it- anther geeky looking male. At last co-student #3 walked in. FEMALE AND NORMAL LOOKING. Saved!! I will not be stuck in a 3 hour class with 3 nerdy old men! Don't get me wrong, I would love to take the class with my dad, but taking a photography class with 2 unknown old men is not what I had in mind.

In all honestly, the class is going to be very beneficial. I have already learned at least 4 new things.

Homework: take 5 pictures using the theory of thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment