Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Photography Assignment: Thirds

Tomorrow we are to turn in 5 photographs that represent the rule of thirds.

The rule of thirds says that your subject should fall along one of the lines or intersections of the lines. The most common mistake amateur photographers make is they put the subject in the smack middle of the picture. Because of the way the brain processes the picture, it is more pleasing to the eye when the subject if off centered. The picture on the left is a perfect example of applying the rule of thirds. 



Below are the 5 picture that I am turning in tomorrow. The last 2 did not make the cut.
I love August's drool on the concrete.
My favorite.
Harley.
Harley. I love the white on his chest.
Interesting photo, not sure if it follows the rule.



I love that Harley's eyes are closed.
Augusta & Harley.


Out of the 7, which 5 photos do you think I should turn in?

1 comment: