Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Photography Class Pics #2

In the second photography class we learned about the advanced settings on our camera. I am still trying to grasp all of the information so I think today I will only talk about our homework assignment. 

We were asked to take 5 pictures using the "A" setting on the camera dial and 5 pictures using the "S" setting on the camera dial.

In the "A" setting you set the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed. This controls the degree to which the background or foreground is blurred. My random examples are the first 5 pictures. *The pictures from the Broncos game didn't turn out so well. I would have gotten better results if I had a better zoom lens.

In the "S" setting you set the shutter speed and the camera selects the aperture. Use this to freeze or blur motion. My examples are pictures 6-10.

Have you ever shot in "A" or "S" mode? 

Fire hydrant. Background blurred.

It appears that Augusta is blurred and grass is not.



Most everything is blurred due to crappy lens.

Hochstein fans. Background blurred.

Most everything blurred.

Augusta frozen in time.

Augusta blurred.

Near Blackhawk. Water blurred.
Near Blackhawk. Water blurred.
Near Blackhawk. Water blurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment