Saturday, March 27, 2010

This is what a Best Friend is for

Remember how I confessed that I was not bringing it in the Kitchen? How I was eating cookies and pizza and calzones and M&M's?
Do you want to know how I got back on track? I owe it all to my BFF, Ashley! Thursday night she chewed my ass. I am not kidding, she really laid into me. She reminded me of the commitments we made together, finish P90X, compete in a triathlon, eat clean in the kitchen and be in the best shape of our lives! We told each other that we can do this and we promised to be there for each other. Ashley came through for me at the right time. She somehow knew that I was struggling and slowly slipping out of the workout regimen and healthy eating habits. Her tough love really set me straight and reinforced that we are in this together. If one fails we both fail. So for those of you out there who have fallen off the wagon, it is not too late to pick yourself up and make a go at it again. I understand that life gets in the way, but do not let this be your crutch. The secret is to find someone who will keep you accountable for when life happens or when you get lazy and forget why you started this fitness journey. Lean on this person for guidance, support and motivation. Listen to what they have to say and then pick yourself up and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment