Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cardio Covered

Ashley and I have been working hard these last couple of days. Here is a quick recap. We met a new friend in the pool the other night who helped us with our flip turns and form. Turns out our strokes were not quite right. Something about our arms going too high in the air and not leading with the shoulders. Ashley caught on real fast and has since then gained confidence in the water. I still feel like I am fretting over the form especially since my left arm seems to be doing whatever it wants. Today in the pool we decided to focus less on arms and more on putting it all together. It is so hard to kick, stroke and breath all at the same time. I had Ashley time me in a 100 sprint. The goal was to swim 100 yards in 1 minute and 30 seconds. We got the idea from a workout that was left on the whiteboard. I ended up swimming it in 1 minute and 45 seconds. Ashley said on the first 25 I was above pace at 20 seconds but from there my time slowly declined. We came to the conclusion that the workout on the board was probably for a more advanced swimmer! On Monday we decided to really push ourselves on the treadmill. We ran the first mile at an eleven minute pace. At mile two we upped the pace to a sprint sprinting 1/5 of a mile at a speed of somewhere between 7-8 and then jogging the next 1/5 of a mile and so forth. We did this for one mile. The last mile I took the speed up to a 9 and sprinted 1/10 of a mile, jogged 1/10 of a mile and so on. I didn't last the entire mile because a couple of times I had to jump off because I thought I was going to puke! At one point I looked over at the trash can and decided it was too small, not to mention potentially embarrassing, to puke in! Ashley had a little mishap on the treadmill as well, but that is her story to tell. All in all, I ended up walking, jogging and sprinting 4 miles. Tomorrow is spinning class. This time it is with a different trainer. I am a little sore from the past two workouts so we will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment