Monday, February 1, 2010

20-Day Challenge Update: Day 3

I am 3 days into my 20-Day Eat Clean Challenge and P90X. I have already lost 4.4 pounds (I put on some pounds in Vegas). As of this morning I weigh 130. I would love to be able to tell you that eating clean is a breeze. That I no longer crave pop or chocolate or brownies or calzones. The truth is I crave most of these things and more everyday. I am not sure what is different this time, but so far I am able to fend off temptation. Right now I think the motivating factor for me is the weigh loss and a sense of control. I feel like I do not have enough free time at nights or weekends to catch up on laundry, vacuum up the dog hair, pick up the nar nar festering dog poo in the backyard, take down the Christmas lights and get organized. Not to mention that my Jeep is STILL leaking fluid after we just got it fixed last week. So the ability to control what I eat and how often I workout is very satisfying. I do get one cheat meal per week. I am already thinking about what I am going to prepare. My goal is to save the meal for Supper Bowl Sunday. I just hope I can last that long! Right now coming in at number one on my list is a homemade calzone!! Coming in at a close second is a deli turkey sandwich with guacamole and chips. Okay enough about the bad food and more about the good food. According to the challenge I am only allowed to eat from the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder. Click HERE to view Michi's Ladder. Here is what I have eaten these last couple of days: Breakfast Options Banana Protein Shake 1 Cup Decaf Green Tea Oatmeal Snack 2 Brown Rick Cakes with 2 Tbl of Almond Butter, Raw Decaf Green Tea Water Lunch Options Salad with Veggies, Avocado, unsalted Sunflower Seeds, Chicken and a little Raspberry Vinaigrette. Sometimes I have some fruite (grapes, strawberries, apples, pears). Water Snack Celery, baby carrots, 2 Tbl hummus, Protein Shake Water Dinner Options Chicken Salad (same as lunch) Chicken with onions and avacado Fruit Taco Salad (salad, black beans, avacado, onions, tomato, salsa and chicken) Non-fat Refried Beans Stir Fry (have yet to make this) Brown Rice, Veggies and Chicken (have yet to make this) Water or Decaf Iced Tea I am thinking about ordering Shakeology to supplement either breakfast, lunch or a snack. Click HERE to see info on Shakeology. What do you think? P90X is going great! Preston and I are very sore. We took our rest day tonight, just not enough time to workout before Preston has to leave for pool league. The goal for tomorrow is to go to the gym in the morning to get my swimming in and then to do Shoulders, Arms and Ab Ripper X after work with Preston.

No comments:

Post a Comment