Friday, September 16, 2011

My Attempt at Ovenight Oats

I love reading blogs. Mostly style, do it yourself, health-nut and workout blogs. I can get lost in them reading post after post after post. A common theme I see amongst the health-nut and workout blogs is the love and passion for oats. I have never sceen so many people rave about oats. Lately they are all talking about overnight oats. Or cold oats.

I do like me some oatmeal. I have been known to eat my oats at work for lunch in a large 2 cup measuring glass. Some think it's odd. I think it's yummy in my tummy.

It's about time I attempt overnight oats:
Ingredients


Oats after being microwaved


Oats ready for overnight soaking















Overnight Oats
Ingredients
-1/3C rolled oatmeal
-1/2t ground cinnamon
-1/2t vanilla extract
-1C water

Directions
1. In a dish, mix together 1/3 Cup oats, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and 2/3 Cup water.
2. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in an additional 1/3 Cup water and cover.
Store in the refrigerator overnight or for a couple of hours prior to consumption.
(recipe from Fit Foodie Finds)
Mix In Options
Granola

Kashi Crunch

Almond Butter

Peanut Butter





























- Fruit
- Nuts
- Protein Powder
- Yogurt
- Almond Milk
- Raisins

Tomorrow I think I am going to try granola and maybe some peanut butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment