Thursday, September 29, 2011

For the LOVE of Running

I think I have found my love for running again!!

My sister and I have been running Jack Quinn's pretty regularly. I am actually pretty excited that I just ran run #7 this week! My goal when I started JQ was to reach the 10 run mark before winter. It's pretty much in the bag!!

Running with L-Dawg is GREAT and exactly what I needed to get my running mojo back. She is new to running. I love watching her passion and excitement for the sport flourish each week. It reminds me why I love running and keeps me going back for more.

Some runs are easy while others are painfully hard. There's really no explanation. It all depends on the running gods. It's the runs that feel and fit just right that make you go back for more. You start to crave those runs. And you can't stop thinking about the possibility of beating you PR time.

Speaking of PR time, I looked back and last year I ran a 5K (Sailin' Shoes) in 24:59. This is CRAZY fast!!! I honestly have no idea how I did it? I have not ran one race this year even close to this time. I would kill to run this time again. So this is my goal. To run a 5k on a treadmill at a 1% incline in 24 minutes and 59 seconds. 

Here is a start to my goal. I ran 1 mile at an 8 mile pace. I about died.

Today I ran 3.2 miles in 28:11 with an average page of 8:48. Basically I need to cut this back to an average pace of 8 minutes which is around 7.3/7.4 speed on a treadmill. It's not going to be easy!

Did I tell you that I signed up for personal training sessions!! My first session is Wednesday. I am supper excited. P-Dawg and I go on a cruise in December. I need to get toned! And to get toned I need to lift. Enter personal trainer. Can't wait to tell you all about it!    

No comments:

Post a Comment