Wednesday, December 1, 2010

reverb10- have you heard about it?

I have joined Reverb 10- "an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. The end of the year is an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead." 

Each day in the month of December, I will respond to a creative prompt from Reverb 10. 


What to join me? Go to www.reverb10.com.









December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)

  
self-DISCOVERY 
This year has been all about discovering who I am. Let me explain. I have been married for 3 years. The first 2 years of my marriage I molded myself into my husband. His hobbies became mine. For example, I played in a pool league, attended all of his pool matches and basically did everything he did. I didn't know who I was or what I enjoyed doing in my free time. He never did anything to make me think I couldn't have my own hobbies or do my own thing, it was just something that happened without me realizing it. Before I knew it I didn't have an activity or hobby that I was passionate about. Does this sound familiar? I think this happens to a lot of women.

This year that all changed. I think for the first time I truly became comfortable in the relationship and loosened the grips so to speak. Little by little I started to learn who I was and what I enjoyed doing in my free time. 

My memory is atrocious, just ask my sister or BFF. I barley remember the highlights of high school 10 years ago. So for me to remember all of the events that took place in 2010 is hard. I should really keep a highlights list. Here is a list of 2010 events or moments, that I can recall, that has led me to new firsts and discover who I am and what I am passionate about. 

1. My BFF and I took a road trip to Nebraska- without the husbands- and learned all about the company Beachbody. This was my first real trip without The Hustler. I think this road trip set the stage for the rest of my year in terms of finding me.  

2. Soon after, I stepped outside of my comfort zone and signed up as a Beachbody Coach. I shouted out into the universe I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT living a healthy lifestyle and motivating others to do so also. Talk about terrifying! The self-doubt started to creep in- what if I fail, what if people think I am a moron for becoming a Coach, what if think why should I listen to her, what right does she have to talk about working out, does she think she is better than me. Yes, these were my thoughts. I actually thought people were going to think I was silly for becoming a Coach. Really!? Like you people care I am a Coach! What silly thoughts! I truly believe becoming a Coach has made me a more confident person by perusing something that I was sure would be met by resistance. 

3. My BFF and I trained for 7 long grueling months and compete in our very first Triathlon. Actually following through and competing in the triathlon was a huge milestone for me. I said I was going to do it and I did. For the first time (okay maybe not the first time I mean I did finish college), I set out and accomplished something! And I rocked it! 

4. I ran a mile for the first time! Come to find out, I actually enjoy running. I even competed in a total of four 5k's in 2010! 

5. I discovered that I like to be active and challenge myself to new adventures. I did the Incline for the first time in 2010. 

6. I took a photography class, all by my self, and completed it! If I were a betting man, I would have bet that I wouldn't have finished the class. It feels great when you surprise yourself and actually stick with something! Plus I learned some great photography tips.
  
7. I cooked the most amazing Thanksgiving turkey ever! Slowly I am learning how to cook.

8. The Hustler and I bought a boat and learned how to operate it. Boating is a new hobby that we both enjoy and something that we can do together.


2010 has been about finding self-confidence, discovering who I am, what I am passionate about and stepping outside of my comfort zone and taking on new challenges.


I want my word for 2011 to be focus. I want to focus on... our road to financial freedom and savings, relationships, Beachbody, fitness and health, organization, work and hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment