Sunday, October 28, 2012

{Must Read} True Colors by Hannah

For some reason I have the worst time finding and committing to a book after I finish one. It generally takes me about 3 months to pick-up another book. Talk about frustrating! My only explanation is that I get so involved and emotionally invested in every good book I read I can't let the story go.

I am reminded of my dad. I only have one memory of him reading a novel {he reads the Angus Journal religiously}. I can't remember the  title of the novel, but I remember that he couldn't put the book down. It consumed his every waking moment. He read the book in two days.
{Dad & I}
Preston will say I am exactly this same way. Once I start a book I am all consumed. You will find me curled up on the couch crying my eyes out or in bed trying to read by the light of a small crappy book light.

I guess this explains why I am so hesitant to jump into the next book. I know I will get sucked into the story and think about nothing but the characters and the plot.

The last book I read was The Forgotten Garden by Morton back in August. I finally talked myself into reading True Colors by Hannah that has been sitting on my bookshelf for at lease 6 months. I've read a Hannah book before. Firefly Lane.
 True Colors is my favorite Hannah book so far! I couldn't put it down. I started it on Thursday night and finished it on Saturday. All I wanted to do was read. I cried my eyes out for the majority of the book. I felt real pain and sorrow for the character. Here is a synopsis of the book.

This is defiantly a must read book.

No comments:

Post a Comment