Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Gym

This afternoon I was in the gym pumping some iron when I looked around and thought to myself... hey I belong here. Amongst all these men I can hold my own.

It's sad that the free weight area is so intimidating, but at first it really is! I think this is why most women {young and old} stay away from this area. You start to think am I doing this move right, who is looking at me, are my nipples showing, is my gut sticking out, I'm such a sally I'm only lifting 10lbs, and on and on and on. But really it's all in YOUR head. Nobody cares what you are doing or how much you are lifting.


E and I have been lifting consistently for 4 weeks now not missing a single workout. We have gotten stronger, lost some weight and have maybe become a little addicted to the lifting and the steam room. I used to run on the treadmill day after day. After a while I started to dread it. But I didn't know what else to do at the gym. Lifting has added a different element. I want to get stronger so I go. I want to try and lift more than I did last week so I go.

Ever since I had the heart to heart with myself, my eating has been spot on. I found this silly and maybe rather somewhat rediculous saying on Pinterest, but for some reason I can't stop thinking about it. I would kill to be at my goal weight. And this silly little saying reminds me of that.




 







Just think about what it will feel like when...
- your favorite jeans fit just perfect
- you not longer have a muffin top
- when you sit, you have a flat stomach
- you can totally rock a two piece
- it doesn't take you all morning to get dressed
- shopping is fun, everything looks amazing on
- your can wear shorts
- your arms look toned
- you finally allow yourself to buy an expensive pair of jeans because they look that good on you

1 comment:

  1. That saying, Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels, is a pro-anorexia statement. Its been blamed for fueling eating disorders.

    ReplyDelete