Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cruise Weight

Let's talk about the topic that everyone worries about when they go on a cruise. Is the 10 pound weight gain fact or a myth?

To tell you the truth I was pretty worried about gaining 10 pounds! That's a lot for this shorty and very noticeable. For most of the trip I tried to make somewhat healthy choices and not gorge. I did allow myself to drink all of the alcohol my wonderful husband could order- which was a lot. I also allowed myself to eat desert every night at the main meal and a lot of bread and butter.  

I had great hopes in going to the cruise gym everyday and running on the treadmill. It didn't happen once. I finally allowed myself to stop feeling guilty over it and enjoy the vacation.

When I got home I had no idea what to expect. I knew I gained some weight, but I didn't know how much. Turns out I gained 3 pounds. Not too bad.

What has been hard is getting back into working out and not eating out. It's super easy to eat Chick-fil-A for lunch and then eat out for dinner with P-Dizzy. I am hoping that once all of the holidays are over with I can get back into a routine.    

1 comment:

  1. I know, I gained 2 pounds in Vegas...which I can deal with. Like you said, the hectic holiday schedule doesn't make eating right any easier!

    ReplyDelete