Sunday, April 3, 2011

Encouraging Words

Sometimes you run across words of encouragement at just the right moment when you are ready to fully take them in and apply them to your life. 

Last week a co-worker brought in a "diet" book for me to look at. As I skimmed through the book, I came across a chapter called Metaphysiques. It was my aw-ha moment (as Oprah would say). The words really resonated with me, not only in my quest to become as fit and healthy as possible but also in the rest of my life. 

Here are some of the topics that really stuck with me:

* The Power of Thought: negative thoughts attract failure. Switch the dialogue in your head to positive thoughts and you'll subconsciously reinforce success.

*Goals: write down your goals and make sure they are realistic and specific with the steps you'll take to achieve them.

*Visualize: take time to visualize where you want to be and what it will look like. Your body doesn't understand what is really happening and what is in your mind. To your mind, it's as if you already achieved it. 

*Action: you can't just wish something will happen in your life, you have to take action. Move in the direction of your desire. 

The "Diet" Book

No comments:

Post a Comment