Wednesday, February 23, 2011

7 Miles and still no Cojones

Today I ran the farthest I have ever run... 7 miles!!! 

Tonight when I got to the gym I knew I was going to run, but the question as to how far remained unanswered. I him-hawed in the locker room taking my sweet time and I stretched extra good on the treadmill trying to delay the unanswered question: HOW FAR AM I GOING TO RUN TONIGHT.  In the back of my mind I knew I wanted to see if I could run 7 miles. This weekend there is a 10k somewhere in Springs- that I don't plan on running- and deep down I wanted to prove to myself that I could run in it if I grew some cojones. Finally, I pressed the start button and said to myself, "I'm going to run 7 miles tonight."

And I did! I ran 7 whole miles! My pace was about 11 minutes; not to hard, but not to easy. I ran for 1 hour and 15 minutes WITHOUT STOPPING. My legs actually felt great and my breathing was spot on. Thank the Buddha for a Duke basketball game and The World Series of Poker to keep my mind occupied. I love days like this when running feels easy!

I then rewarded myself with some me time in the sauna. I love the sauna after I run. The sweat drips off of me and the hot temperatures burn my nose hairs. However the people who also visit the sauna are very interesting! 

This week I have worked out twice. To meet my goal I have to workout at least 3 more times. I am a little bumed I am going to have to workout over the weekend to meet my goal, but Preston is playing in a pool tournament in Pueblo so at least I won't have any excuses.

The nutrition side of my goal is not going so well. This is so hard for me! I hate cooking and by the time I get home from the gym I am too lazy to cook or think of what I am going to prepare. And to make matters worse I can't decide if I am okay with eating meat and cheese or if I want to try and cut it out of my diet. AAHHH! 

At least I ran 7 miles today. I love days like this when running seems easy. I will bask in my glory until next time when running 3 miles seems like the hardest thing on earth! This is why I have a love/hate relationship with running!

No comments:

Post a Comment