Monday, December 10, 2012

{Goal Setting} 2013

I love setting goals. It's all about the thrill of what if I actually achieve that goal that makes me so giddy. This year is a little different. I am feeling extremely overwhelmed (over nothing important really) and so goal setting sounds like the most difficult task to take on right now.

So for 2013 I  am going to focus on one goal... health and fitness. I allowed myself to become lazy this year and therefore did not train or focus on a race or competition. As a result I felt like a beached whale all summer at the lake. 2013 will be different.

The Goal:
- Run a 1/2 Marathon
- Weigh 126lbs

The Steps:
1. Find a 1/2 marathon training program (done)
2. Start training program on 1/6/2013
3. Compete in a 1/2 marathon around May/June

1. Workout 5 days week starting 1/6/2013
2. Eat clean with 1 cheat meal per week starting NOW
3. Cut out processed foods and sugar starting NOW
4. Plan out meals weakly starting NOW
5. Grocery shop and prep food every Sunday starting NOW
6. Weight in the 120's by 3/1/2013

Milestones:
I know that in order to achieve my weight goal I need to break it down into smaller goals. So for each milestone I reach I will reward myself. I have no idea what my reward will be, but all I know is that it cannot be food related. I need to work on disassociating food with pleasure and stress.

135lbs
133lbs
130lbs
128lbs
126lbs 


I am ready to make a change. I have been saying for more than a year that I want to be in the 120's. How about I just freaking do it already! The only thing standing in my way is me and alcohol. Everyone knows that it starts in the kitchen. All I have to do is eat healthy and make good choices and before i know if I will be where I want to be.

Running a 1/2 marathon is intimidating. But if I can do a sprint triathlon I can run 13 miles. Easy-peasy. As long as I train, I can do it. No question. I will also have 2 accountability partners! I am excited to start training with a purpose!

Here's to a healthy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment