Sunday, December 16, 2012

{Bring on the New Year}

Now that I'm not so overwhelmed (packages wrapped, one party down, some Christmas decorations up, antlers started on) I've decided to put some more thought into my 2013 goals.

A Must Read

 While on vacation I read Gretchen Rubin's book The Happiness Project. The book was very motivational for me and inspired me to add happiness acts into my everyday life. However, when we returned from vacation we found out that our dog Harley had cancer. Since Thanksgiving all of our effort and attention has gone towards Harley's health and well being. With that said all of my excitement and enthusiasm over what I had read in The Happiness Project went out the window.
Harley after we found out he had cancer
Now that we have Harley on a treatment regimen (although we were reminded today as Harley was suffering through his first "bad day" that the drugs will only be able to keep him comfortable for a couple of months and not cure him) I am excited to read Gretchen's next book Happier At Home. In this book she sets out to make "her home a place of greater simplicity, comfort, and love." I have also decided to participate in Gretchen's Happier At Home 21 day Relationship Challenge.  I have no idea what I will get out of this book or what to expect from the 21 day challenge, but I am excited to try and make my home a happier place!

I have also decided to take on one project (outside of training for a 1/2 marathon) for 2013. For some crazy reason I decided to take my muy largo DSLR camera with us on vacation. Good thing because half way through our trip my iPhone/camera decided to quit working. The muy largo camera came in handy. I've decided I need to learn how to take amazing pictures with this expensivo camera. And since I have the software, I should probably learn how to photoshop my pictures. And while I am at it, I need to organize my photos and delete the bad pictures.  I found a great website that will help walk me through the steps.

 Here are my 2013 goals! Bring on the New Year!

2013 Goal
- Read the book: Happier At Home by Gretchen Rubin 
- Complete Gretchen Rubin's Happier At Home 21 Day Relationship Challenge
(Gretchen's 21 Day Challenge can be found on her website here)
-Teach myself how to take amazing pictures with my DSLR camera
- Organize all of my pictures using Adobe Elements Organizer
- Learn how to edit photos using Adobe Elements 9
- Run a 1/2 Marathon
- Weight 126lbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment