Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Shakeology Cleanse {The Low Down}

Officially 10 days until Vegas! This means go time. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to "shape up!"


Yesterday I started the 3 day Shakeology cleanse. The goal is to detox the body and lose a couple extra pounds along the way. 

So what will I be eating or rather drinking on the Shakeology Cleanse? 

  • 3 Shakeology shakes blended with water, ice and 1/2 banana throughout the day (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack)
  • Dinner: Large salad with 4 ounces of protein (either chicken or black beans), all the vegetables I want, flax seed and little oil/vinegar for dinner. Tonight I added plain hummus for some extra flavor.
  • Water, water, water. Coffee and tea are okay too (no cream or sugar) 
That's it, for 3 long days! Day 1 was easy. But then again I was super motivated. Day 2- today- was a little harder. The office smelled like food the entire day. I actually had a little break down and ate a Luna Bar.  I can tell you it wasn't worth it! Very bland tasting.

Last night my salad was the worst salad I have ever had. I think my lettuce and tomatoes were rotten. Knowing that I was a little vulnarable today, I made sure to go to the store. I add a little extra kick to my salad, hummus. Yum-Yum!! I am actually looking forward to this same salad tomorrow. 


I didn't weight myself yesterday so I have no idea where I started. I actually didn't decide to do the cleanse until I was on my way to work Monday morning. This morning I weighted 129.2lbs. My guess is I lost around 2-3 pounds the first day.  But I also worked my booty off at the gym. I ran 3.5 miles for the first time since probably March and lifted hard.  


I hope to be in the 128's tomorrow! Actually if I see 127lbs I might break out in tears or sing an opera song like Olivia did on The Biggest Loser. I haven't been in the 127's for a long, long time. This.would.be.monumental. 

If you would like to know what the heck Shakeology is CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment