Thursday, February 2, 2012

Running for a Reason

E and I started Phase 2 of Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer. The main difference of Phase 2 is we finally get to add in cardio! Some days it's a relief and other days in annoyingly hard and frustrating. Right now we are working out a total of 6 days a week; lifting and then doing 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week and doing the most crazy leg workout 2 times a week.

Our first run on Monday we were a little too excited and ran way too fast not paying attention to our heart rate. The second day we monitored our heart rate more, but struggled. It wasn't until we learned that there is a way to calculate the fat burning zone in which your heart rate should be at that it started to make sense.

I read that you take your age minus 226 (for women)  to get your maximum heart rate. Then you take that and multiple it by 60% to get the lower range of your fat burning heart rate zone and 70% to get the upper limit.

Finally, some reasoning on why we are running at the pace we are running at. I am looking forward to the cardio session tomorrow so I can closley monitor my heart rate to make sure I stay in the fat burning zone. There is not way I want to run 4 days a week for funzies. If I am going to run after a hard workout I want to make it count!

No comments:

Post a Comment