Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Over...



I finished the last book in The Hunger Games series today. What a sad day. This series is without a doubt #1 on my favorite book list. It beats out Harry Potter, The Kite Runner, Circle of Friends, The Street Lawyer and The Help to name a few of my favorites.  The plot is captivating and unique. I have never read anything like it.

What next? How will I ever find my next book to read when all I want to do is re-read this series? I just can't seem to get the ending out of my mind.

I have Little Bee on hold at the library on audio. I heard this book "will blow you away." I am wondering if it will stand up to The Hunger Games? Or if it might be hard to make the transition from a teen book to a more serious adult book?

Suzanne Collins also wrote another teenage series called The Underland Chronicles.  This series has some meat to it- 5 books!

Right now I am in the mood to hold a book and read it, not listen to it on audio. There is something about holding a book in your hands. I think it adds to the experience. So what do I do, buy Little Bee or the first book in the Underland Chronicles? Decisions, decisions. Another reason why I hate starting a new book. I love buying books, by the way, and keeping them in alphabetical order by author on my cheapo book shelf. My dream is to have a den (for some reason my parents always called the offices in our houses a den and it has always stuck with me just like how I call a vacuum a vacuum sweeper. Preston doesn't understand why I put sweeper at the end. Always have, THAT'S WHY) with a built in book case filled with books and maybe even a sliding ladder like you see in the movies.

I think I am leaning towards starting Little Bee. Ashley invited me to her book club. The first book on the list is Little Bee. But what if I buy the book and then I can't get into it or I am not sold on the plot. Pickyness kind of runs through my blood. I am a picky eater and a picky reader. I bet if I pay attention I will find that I am picky in other areas of my life. I will have to pay attention to this.

Huge tangent: I also just reciently realized that I am a need-to-know type person. For example, on Markshuffle (a 2 way road that I have to travel on everyday) they are expanding it to 3 or 4 lanes. I have so many questions to ask like how many lanes is it going to be, are you putting in more stop lights, what will the speed limit be and why, did the city have to pay the business owners for taking part of their land or is it considered easement? See soo many questions! I would die to know their plans. I am soo curious! But also a little part of me thinks they are doing it wrong!

My curiousity absolutely drives Preston crazy. The other day I said I would iron his shirt. He said no. I said why? He didn't have an answer for me. I mean I was offering to iron it for him and he still said no. So I thought there must be a reason why he didn't want his shirt ironed that I am not thinking of. So I kept asking why. Ya, generally not a good idea to keep asking Preston why... He tends to get a little angry!

The moral of the story: if I ask you why, please just tell me why so I can put my curiosity to rest!

Wow, getting late. Time to hit the hay. And yes once again everyone in this house is already asleep but me. And I am the one who has to get up early to do my Insanity workout. Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment